Why Host a Book Fair? Family Guide to Reading
Scholastic Book Fairs is committed to supporting family literacy. This guide was created to help your family learn about the various stages of reading and how to make reading a habit at home.
The Scholastic Book Fair offers a small, personal environment for your family to select books together. Every book at the Fair has been reviewed and approved by our reading specialists in order to support your child’s lifelong reading journey.
Top five reasons not to miss the Fair when it comes to your school:
- You can shop from hundreds of quality books in every price range, interest and reading level.
- You'll find exclusive, more affordable editions of many of the most popular books sold in retail stores.
- You'll help your child's school earn books and funds for classrooms and libraries.
- You'll connect with your child's school reading and literacy initiatives.
- And best of all, you and your child will have fun choosing books together.
Scholastic and the National Center for Family Literacy
Each and every day, Scholastic and the National Center for Family Literacy reach homes, schools, and communities to encourage children to develop a lifelong love for reading and learning.
We created this guide to help families select books together and recognize important reading stages.