A Very Unusual Dog
by Dorothy Joan Harris, illustrated by Kim Lafave
ISBN 9780439937184 Paperback
32 Pages | 10.03" x 8.01" | Ages 4 to 8
See an excerpt
Jonathan has a very unusual dog. It likes to go to the park, watch TV, and eat toast crumbs. And it's invisible. His big sister Elizabeth says Dog isn't real, but Jonathan and Grandma know better...
A story about imagination and sharing, perfectly illustrated by award-winner Kim LaFave.
- Short-listed, Chocolate Lily Book Award (BC Children's Choice), 2006
- Short-listed, OLA Blue Spruce Award, 2005
- Short-listed, Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Award, 2005
- Short-listed, Shining Willow Award (Saskatchewan Young Readers' Choice), 2005
- Commended, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Our Choice, 2005
- Short-listed, Governor General's Award for Children's Literature - Illustration, 2004
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Spanish (US) - Lectorum