At the Edge
ISBN 9780545997904 Paperback
160 Pages | 5.82" x 8.96" | Ages 9 to 12
See an excerpt
Over twenty true-life stories about life-threatening situations and the wrenching choices made by the people facing them. In this compelling book, readers are presented with true accounts of desperate situations, and the split-second decisions that people were forced to make. Many of the stories focus on Canadian experiences, while the rest have emerged from around the world.
An important book, whose contents will fascinate middle-grade readers, and provide a perfect springboard to discussion about making life-changing decisions.
- Short-listed, Rocky Mountain Book Award (Alberta Children's Choice), 2012
- Winner, OLA Silver Birch Award, Non-Fiction, 2010
- Short-listed, McNally Robinson Book for Young People Award - Older Category, 2010
- English (NZ) - Scholastic New Zealand
- English (US)- Scholastic Inc.
- Stories of people facing desperate or disastrous situations are compelling for young readers.
- Reader-friendly format, with 22 fast-paced stories, plus sidebars!
- Photos add to the appeal and the sense of drama.
- The stories make for great discussion starters at home and at school.
- A perfect book for the often-hard-to-buy-for boy reader.