Christopher Changes His Name
by Itah Sadu, illustrated by Roy Condy
ISBN 9781443124812 Paperback
32 Pages | 6.04" x 9.02" | Ages 5 to 8
See an excerpt
This Scholastic classic is now available in a bright, levelled reader format!
What's in a name? Plenty, according to Christopher. He is tired of his ordinary name - millions of people are called Christopher, including three in his class alone! Christopher wants to be special, so he decides to change his name.
Inventing names for himself that are inspired by various heroes and celebrities, Christopher manages to convince everyone to call him by a different name. Of course the plan backfires when grandma sends a cheque and only his real name will do! The lovable hero of Please Clean Up Your Room! returns in this lighthearted story with a simple message about being special.
Praise for Please Clean Up Your Room!:
"Itah Sadu tells her stories with energy and humour and a thorough understanding of her audience." -The Toronto Star
"Children will find delight in both the words and pictures of this charming tale." -School Library Journal
"Teachers may want to use this book to help students to understand that, although made-up names can be fun, they still must be responsible in the end." -CM: Canadian Review of Materials
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Starred Selection, 2014
- Commended, Resource Links, Best of the Year, 2013
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Reader format is in demand
- These stories are favourites with kids, teachers and parents
- Humour and repetitive text make these perfect for reader format
- Bright illustrations matched with humorous text call for repeat readings