Fox and Squirrel Make a Friend
by Ruth Ohi
ISBN 9781443133203 Hardcover
32 Pages | 9.74" x 9.8" | Ages 3 to 7
See an excerpt
Is there room for someone else in Fox and Squirrel's friendship?
Fox and Squirrel are the best of friends. But when Yellow Bird comes along, he and Squirrel frolic high up in the treetops where Fox can't reach. Fox feels like Squirrel doesn't need him anymore. Can Squirrel help Fox see that there's room in their friendship for another?
Ruth Ohi delivers another irresistible story about the adventures of two lovable friends, told through the same spare text and expressive watercolour illustrations as Fox and Squirrel. The simple text and joyful art together deliver a heart warming tale with a subtle but profound message about the strengths of friendship, loyalty, and acceptance.
Praise for Fox and Squirrel:
"The slightly deadpan tone, simple sentence structure, and choice of vocabulary all add to the book's read-aloud appeal . . . [a] lovely, gentle story of an unlikely friendship." —Quill & Quire
"With its colourful, humorous illustrations and warm, simple prose, Ruth Ohi's Fox and Squirrel is a charming picture book that gently delivers an important message." —CM: Canadian Review of Materials
- Commended, Resource Links, Best of the Year, 2016
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2015
- Commended, Toronto Public Library First & Best Booklist, 2014
- Chinese Simplified - Henan Tianxing
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Korean - JEI Corp
- Turkish - Arkadas
- Ruth Ohi is one of Canada's premier illustrators and writers for kids.
- Ohi is a very effective promoter and is active in the school and library circuits.
- The themes of tolerance and acceptance are timely and handled perfectly for the age group.
- Kids will love the energy and joy of the growing and changing friendship