Fox and Squirrel: The Best Christmas Ever
ISBN 9781443157032 Hardcover
32 Pages | 9.76" x 9.77" | Ages 2 to 7
See an excerpt
Fox and Squirrel come together to make the best Christmas ever!
Fox and Squirrel are getting ready for the festive season, but they can’t seem to agree on how to celebrate. It’s only when things fall apart that they realize what really matters at Christmas time: spending the time together.
This gentle companion book to Fox and Squirrel and Fox and Squirrel Make a Friend continues the adventures of two lovable, but very different friends. With spare text and her expressive watercolour illustrations, Ruth Ohi delivers a heartwarming tale about the importance of friendship, and the secure feeling that it can bring.
Praise for Fox and Squirrel
Nominee, Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award
“Ruth Ohi has created a supremely delightful and animated dialogue starring two unique and very different friends, a story that is effortlessly fun and profound at once” —Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award Jury
“The slightly deadpan tone, simple sentence structure, and choice of vocabulary all add to the book’s read-aloud appeal . . . [a] lovely, gentle story of an unlikely friendship.” —Quill & Quire
“With its colourful, humorous illustrations and warm, simple prose, Ruth Ohi’s Fox and Squirrel is a charming picture book that gently delivers an important message.” —CM: Canadian Review of Materials
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2017
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic; Turkish - Arkadas
- Ruth Ohi is one of Canada’s premier illustrators and writers for kids
- Themes of friendship, empathy and acceptance are timely, and handled perfectly for the age group.
- Kids will love continuing adventures with these irresistible characters, Squirrel and Fox.
- A seasonal theme for the series.