Mittens to Share
by Emil Sher, illustrated by Irene Luxbacher
ISBN 9781443142960 Hardcover
32 Pages | 9.83" x 9.77" | Ages 0 to 6
See an excerpt
A cozy winter read to be shared again and again.
The wonder of the winter season is brought to vivid life, in this deceptively simple tale of a young girl who loses her mitten on a crisp, snowy day. Her disappointment is soon swept away when she’s back indoors looking for a new pair, exploring the colours, and textures of an overstuffed box of family mittens. Outside again with dad, she makes an even more endearing discovery that will warm the hearts of all readers.
The spare, poetic text allows the gorgeous multi-media artwork by award-winning illustrator Irene Luxbacher, to tell a deeper story about warmth, sharing, and discovery on a crisp winter day.
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2017
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Portrays the reassuring bond of parent and child and the connections to the world around them
- The text is spare but gives much to ponder and discover on subsequent reads.
- Mixed-media illustration brings in the lovely textures, colours and tones to enrich the story and mood.
- Sure to be a favourite shared read.