The Almost Epic Squad: What Blows Up
by Ted Staunton, illustrated by Britt Wilson
ISBN 9781443157827 POB
176 Pages | Ages 8 to 12
See an excerpt
Check out the Almost Epic website!
What if you discovered you have the power to move things with your mind?
Concentration and coordination are not thirteen-year-old Gary Lundborg’s strong points. He knows the right moves, but thanks to an epic growth spurt, his execution is disastrous these days. If he masters his new power he can be the basketball star he wants to be. But first, he must save the world!
Forces both good and evil have had their eyes on Gary and three other “special” kids since their exposure to a mysterious element called reidium. Gary’s gifts are called upon by secret government Department C to thwart evil mastermind The Boss and her equally nasty henchwoman Malevia Spleene, who are scheming to control the world’s reidium for their own ends.
COMMON ORIGIN STORY (7-page comic strip starts each book): Four babies are accidentally exposed to a mysterious element in the maternity ward of a hospital. Thirteen years later, each develops a bizarre superpower that reflects a not-so-epic part of his or her personality. Opposing forces try to harness their powers for good... and for evil.
- Fall 2018: Book #1: Mucus Mayhem by Kevin Sylvester
- Spring 2019: Book #2: What Blows Up by Ted Staunton
- Summer 2019: Book #3: Super Sketchy by Lesley Livingston
- Fall 2019: Book #4: Irresistible by Richard Scrimger
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Fast-paced fun and engaging writing for all reading levels, including reluctant readers
- Laugh-out-loud funny.
- Dream team of media-savvy authors.
- Illustration and design make this a highly desirable package.