Sweetest of All
by Jean Little, illustrated by Marisol Sarrazin
ISBN 9781443133364 Board book
30 Pages | 6.69" x 6.76" | Ages 0 to 5
See an excerpt
Celebrate the love between mother and child in this new board book edition of the sweetest story of all!
One by one, baby animals are born on the farm. Frolicking barnyard babies put smiles of love on their mothers' faces, and each time a new animal is born, another mother yearns for one of her very own. When a new human mom shows off her own baby, it's the sweetest one of all . . . because it's her very own.
A warm-hearted story with gently humourous rhymes, this sturdy board book is the perfect gift for a new baby's bookshelf.
Praise for The Sweetest One of All:
CCBC Best Books for Kids and Teens
Toronto Public Library First and Best selection
"This is a lovely book that will delight young children . . . and will stand up to many rereadings." —Quill & Quire
"This warm-hearted, gently humorous story about a mother's love is perfect bedtime reading." —North Shore News
- Commended, Today’s Parent, 100 BEST Canadian kids’ books of all time, 2015
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2014
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Perfect for gift giving at Mother's Day, baby showers, and for new babies
- Jean Little is one of Canada's top, and most recognized, writers for young readers
- Young readers will love the humour and the baby animals!