The Big Game
ISBN 9781443119436 Paperback
32 Pages | 8.01" x 9.94" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
When opinions are flying faster than pucks, Nicholas must devise his own strategy to win the championship game!
Nicholas has his parents, his coach, the other spectators, and even his sister doling out advice on how to take on the top team in the league. But with opinions coming at them from all sides, Nicholas and his teammates can't decide who to listen to.
Between periods, Nicholas comes up with an ingenious plan to save the day - and stop every shot on goal! When he shares his winning strategy with the rest of his team, they can't help but come out on top.
Featuring Nicholas, the star of the bestselling Where's My Hockey Sweater? and The Best Goalie Ever, fans will love this new story that puts him back on the ice!
Praise for The Big Game:
"The Big Game has a fun and clever twist ending that will make kids smile . . . The cartoon illustrations are wonderful; they are colorful and detailed . . . a relatable read with illustrations that will keep kids' attention." -CM Magazine
"The Big Game is a great book for any hockey family. It opens up conversations about what to expect during a game and enjoying yourself when you play." -EverythingMom.com
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2013
- Commended, Resource Links, Best of the Year, 2013
- Chinese Simplified - Hachette Phoenix
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Ukrainian - Bohdan Books
- Gilles Tibo is a well-known author, and St-Aubin's colourful, amusing and action-filled illustrations will charm readers.
- Kids will relate to the anxiety-ridden Nicholas, as he tries something new; and they will laugh out loud when he succeeds in spite of himself!
- Humour and sports is a winning combination for a picture book aimed at boys