The Haunted House That Jack Built
by Helaine Becker, illustrated by David Parkins
ISBN 9780545985390 Paperback
32 Pages | 8.01" x 10.01" | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
It's Halloween and Jack and his ghouly family and friends have put together a haunted house. As the rhyme goes along, we meet a ghost, a witch, a mummy, a fairy, a monster and more. At the end of the rhyme, we see that all of the characters are actually just friends and family dressed up in costumes.
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2011
- English (US clubs) - Scholastic Inc.
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- A great seasonal buy
- A fun and spooky twist on a familiar nursery rhyme.
- Just the right tone between spooky and silly for young readers.
- Humorous illustrations by David Parkins