The Unknown Soldier
ISBN 9780439935586 Hardcover
40 Pages | 9.34" x 10.76" | Ages 8 & Up
See an excerpt
In the aftermath of the First World War, countries mourned their fallen sons, brothers, husbands, and fathers.
In 1920, in both France and England, memorials were erected to those lost heroes who had remained anonymous. Around the world other countries followed suit, each country creating it's own version of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Now, award-winning author Linda Granfield presents her own tribute to these fallen soldiers. Taking readers on a journey to the Tombs in more than a dozen countries, Ms. Granfield shares over 100 photos and images that ultimately reveal a timeless lesson: this November and every November we must remember those who served — both known and unknown.
- Short-listed, Hackmatack Children's Choice Award (Atlantic Canada), 2010
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2009
- Commended, OLA Best Bets, 2009
- Commended, Resource Links, Best of the Year, 2008
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic