Change the World.
Family Event Overview
World Read Aloud Day is an opportunity to celebrate reading in your community. We recognize that literacy begins with teachers and families who foster a love of reading in their students and children. Let’s celebrate reading and spread the word about World Read Aloud Day.
Host a Read Aloud event on Thursday, February 1st, 2018 and help grow the movement worldwide!
Read Aloud Plan:
- Hold a Read Aloud Family Event in your school or community.
- Use the Read Aloud guides and recommended titles for a Read Aloud event.
- There is something for every grade:
- Promote your event – send out Read Aloud Family Invitations.
Social Media Assets:
- Go on a reading adventure!
- Explore new worlds!
- Share a story!
- Get cozy with a book!
- Read on the go!
- Any time can be story time!
Did you know?
Reading 20 minutes each day can introduce at least 1,460,000 words per year!
Visit litworld.org to find more information on
World Read Aloud Day.