An opening exists in the Magazines department for a Bilingual (French) In House Sales Rep reporting to the Manager Scholastic Magazines.
- Actively solicit sales of classroom magazines to Quebec schools using in-house lists and information on school websites, outbound calling in French to boards of education and schools in Quebec
- Telephones – Handle a variety of calls professionally and efficiently, dealing with issues such as account inquiries, issue dates, issue contents, price quotes.
- Account Maintenance – refund letters, e-mail correspondence, written correspondence, samples and complimentary issues. Handle adjustments in a quick and efficient manner
- Interface with other departments to solve customer problems and ensure an understanding of operations
- Responsible for account maintenance including customer correspondence in both French and English.
- The successful candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in a similar sales environment.
- High school graduation, plus specific additional sales and customer service training
- The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written bilingual communication skills, exceptional listening and organizational skills.
- Inside telephone sales experience combined with strong customer service experience is required.
- Ability to handle general accounting problems – account balances, process adjustments and refunds
- Attention to detail; a positive attitude and the ability to be a team player are also requirements of this position.
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume including salary expectations by March 3, 2017 to:
Human Resources Division