An opening exists at the Markham Book Fair Head Office for the position of Senior Sales Manager reporting to the Vice President, Book Fairs.
- Work with leadership team to understand and develop plans for overall budgeted goals, objectives and strategies for profitable growth of Book Fair business.
- Manage the Sales Team, including goal-setting, performance objectives and results appraisals, regularly throughout the season, and as part of the annual performance review process. Follow up as required.
- Organize and facilitate bi-annual sales conferences.
- Develop Sales bonus plans with targets to meet corporate revenue goals. Monitor, review and communicate progress against targets, and develop new plans or tactics as required to support achievement of goals.
- Direct and motivate the sales team to help them meet all goals and objectives; ensure all consultants receive the direction and coaching required, including on-site sales and related training.
- Facilitate Branch communication through regular conference calls and weekly Sales and update meetings.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Salesforce, including regular reporting, analysis and staff training. Support team in advancing their Salesforce skills.
- Recruit, hire and onboard new members of the Sales Team.
- Forge connections with Sales leadership personnel in US and International Book Fair Sales team to share and adapt ideas for the Canadian market; monitor US and International programs and results for potential adaptation in Canada; attend US conferences, Sales Kick Offs, etc. as schedules and budgets permit.
- Organize Book Fair participation for all trade shows and relevant conventions.
- Develop and maintain strong and open relationship with Distribution Managers; frequently review sales results and isolate opportunities for specific coaching or training needs of Consultants.
- University degree with a minimum 7-10 years previous related work experience as a Senior Sales Manager or Director of Sales in a fast paced environment.
- Well-developed/Demonstrated analytical, organizational, sales management/planning, and communication skills.
- Strong proven leadership ability to develop and empower sales consultants to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Creative, high energy, enthusiastic team player able to create and sustain a collaborative working relationship with other management members.
- Experience managing and motivating a sales oriented, telephone based sales team. Minimum 25+ sales consultants.
- Experience with budgeting and financial business review, establishing seasonal targets and bonus plans.
- In-depth knowledge of school markets, children’s publishing industry would be asset.
- Strong background in sales, marketing, customer service is required.
- Experience in a telephone sales oriented business.
- Intermediate knowledge of current Microsoft Office programs, and Adobe web-based programs.
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.
- Submit and maintain a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume with their salary expectations by August 1, 2017 to:
Human Resources Division
E-mail: email@example.com, Fax: 905-887-3639